Sunday 29 June 2008

Knife Crime


Bebo have a great page to warn younger people about the dangers of carrying knives here It is called Stop Knife Crime.
I call it to attention after the latest in a line of senseless killings of young people this year. To be honest, I have moments where I wonder why I do what I do - always made worse when I read the papers and see another life wasted, but then, it means I am not desensitised to violence, I suppose that counts for something in this day and age.
At an event recently we watched a Youtube happy slapping video, it was horrifying - I felt physically sick, it took me back to being bullied as a child and I identified with everything the victim must have been feeling. I wish sites like Youtube would take more responsibility and remove videos that glorify violence.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.benkinsella.org.uk/